Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I attended the GEICO candidates' open house yesterday in Chevy Chase. There was a good turnout of candidates, as it included all Districts in Montgomery County. I was the first candidate to arrive. I met two of my opponents for the first time, and it turns out that the majority of Delegate candidates are graduates of the University of Maryland. Including myself.

There were free hot dogs, chips, and a big cake that I think said, "Election 2006." A lot of people came for the hot dogs. There did turn out to be about 6 GEICO employees in District 16. One said he would definitely vote for me, and I'm hoping that the others will after considering my positions and agenda. I always say that my priorities are those of the community, and the issues people told me they were concerned about were those that my campaign is addressing.

For all of you regular viewers of the Rockville Channel, Bob Dorsey was there. But I should really stick to mentioning Republican candidates! At one point Howard Denis made an appearance, and I have to say that he has really gotten a lot done on major issues this year on the Council. Chuck Floyd was there. Scott Rolle, Amber Gnemi, Moshe Starkman, Jeff Stein, John Austin, John Joaquin, Chris Pilkerton, who am I forgetting? No, the Gecko was not there.

No comments: