Thursday, September 10, 2026

Kusshi Sushi to replace Passion Fin at Sumner Place in Bethesda


Kusshi Sushi
is continuing its successful growth in the region with a second Bethesda location. It will be at 4611-H Sangamore Road in the Shops at Sumner Place (a.k.a. Little Falls Mall). There it will take over the Passion Fin space next to ATI Physical Therapy. Passion Fin had a successful run by any measure, surviving fourteen years, but was dark during normal business hours last night. The venerable shopping center has been upping its dining game recently, and Kusshi can be seen as another example of that.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How has it been upping its dining game? Did I miss something? I don't think a Buffalo Wild Wings Go ups anything.

Anonymous said...

I really hope they remodel the interior

Anonymous said...

Absolutely agree!!! Passion Fin needed to be refurbished for years.

Anonymous said...

I"ll stick with Gregorio's.

Anonymous said...

Passion Fin’s food was hit or miss, and missed so many times that we stopped getting it. The final time there were “sticks” of zucchini in a dish that were literally like pieces of wood. You could bend and snap them. Must have been a huge old overripe zucchini. You could choose miso soup or salad with your entree, but the tiny “salad” was always a few haphazard pieces of iceberg lettuce and part of a single slice of tomato and part of a slice of cucumber. We tried their sushi a few times but the pieces were so small for the price. I am surprised they lasted as long as they did. We liked the chinese food at the location that Gregorrio’s took over FAR better. Their food was also better than the existing place on River Rd next to Whole Foods.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know the sold sushi. How is it?

Anonymous said...

If it is sushi that you crave just walk over to Safeway.