Tuesday, August 07, 2018

JINYA Ramen Bar Pike & Rose review (Video+Photos)

Fire pit seating on the patio outside
JINYA Ramen Bar at Pike & Rose
JINYA Ramen Bar opens this morning at 11:00 AM at 910 Prose Street, at Pike & Rose in North Bethesda's Pike District. The first 100 in line will receive a free bowl of ramen. Is it worth the trip? Watch my review for my opinion on the ramen, and several other menu items.





Garden of Todai-Ji cocktail

Tequila infused with matcha & basil,
agave syrup, fresh lime juice and rose water

Crispy Chicken appetizer dipped
in ponzu sauce

Spicy Creamy Vegan Ramen

Brussels Sprouts Tempera with white truffle oil

JINYA Tonkotsu Black Ramen

Pork Gyoza

Noodles in the vegan ramen

The vegan ramen uses all-vegetable broth, which
is not always the case at other ramen places

Green Tea Mochi ice cream

It is ice cream inside a sweet-rice
dumpling exterior

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two nearly identical photos each of the "Garden of Todai-Ji" cocktail, the vegan ramen, and the Green Tea Mochi ice cream.

Why?

Suze said...

I'm excited to try Jinya, but I'll wait a few weeks for the fervor to die down. My husband and I tried to go to Slapfish last weekend and were told we'd have a 45 minute wait for our food. Hopefully we can try and succeed sometime soon.

Robert, have you considered an external flash for your food photos? Several of them are overexposed from the camera flash, having a consistent light source would probably help.

Anna said...

We've been waiting on Slapfish too, Suze. Busy, busy, busy whenever we've been by.

I'm sure we'll try Jinya soon. I'm not as excited about this one. Who knows, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Suze said...

@Anna - I'm a soup person. If I were told I could only have one type of food for the rest of my life, it'd be soup. I am VERY excited for Jinya! :D

Hopefully Slapfish will calm down soon. I want them to do well, but I also want to actually try their food!