Monday, June 22, 2020

McDonald's has closed at Mazza Gallerie (Photos)

What was once the closest McDonald's location for some in Bethesda is no more. The golden arches have gone dark at Mazza Gallerie, one of the most unique McDonald's in the area. Signage has been stripped from the space, but some shadows of it remain.
McDonald's is directing customers to their restaurant at 4130 Wisconsin Avenue N.W., at Van Ness Street N.W. It's shocking to see the Mazza Gallerie location closed, but fortunately we have one of the best McDonald's in the country on River Road in Bethesda now. Still, it's quite a loss for those who live in the Friendship Heights community, and for commuters who counted on a quick breakfast before boarding Metro down below.




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I set off a stink bomb in the original McD's there. Boy, did I get in trouble. We got caught of course from mall security. They were less than happy about it. Had to clear the entire store.

Low Key said...

This is a great outlet for restaurant news.

This was a convenient McDonald's for transit users.

Anonymous said...

It's a sign of how much that area has declined. Lots of stores moving out. Not enough retail traffic.

The apartment buildings are all older people, who don't spend as much as younger people.

Interesting is nearby Van Ness. It used to be totally dead, and now it's improved.. Not thriving, but improved I guess you can say.

Anonymous said...

Thats a sad sign when McDonalds can't even make it there.I ran through there yesterday and the entire place is dead....sad.

Anonymous said...

I didn't always eat out, but when I did I went to this McDonald's. For me it was fine dining.

Anonymous said...

I am ashamed to say I used to eat McDonald’s a lot. This McDonald’s had terrible service and was always filthy and full of homeless people.

Anonymous said...

RIP McDonalds. I will miss eating here with all of my fiends. I used to get all of my condiments here too so now I will need to go to the store to buy Barbecue sauce.

Anonymous said...

What about the one around the corner on River Road. Has a great drive through as well.

Anonymous said...

I would eat here before waiting for the bus or get a quick snack before heading to Metro. This McDonalds was good for the quick traveler whos in a rush during the peak hours. Sad this place closed I honestly quite liked it.