Thursday, June 18, 2020

Washington Sports Clubs closes downtown Bethesda gym

The downtown Bethesda Washington Sports Clubs location at 6828 Wisconsin Avenue has permanently closed, the fitness chain said in an email to members. It had been closed like all other gyms during the coronavirus pandemic lockdown, but with gyms now allowed to reopen with restrictions, WSC had to make the announcement. 

Members of the Bethesda gym are having their memberships transferred to the North Bethesda WSC gym. Not exactly convenient for downtown residents, but WSC says they are upgrading everyone's membership to "Passport" status, and won't bill anyone until September 1 so they can try the North Bethesda location for a couple of months.

2 comments:

Swimmer said...

This decision is terrible. They chose to close the wrong one. More people use the South Bethesda branch than the North Bethesda one. The people who live closeby can walk to the South Bethesda one and not the North one. I wonder who will get the spot and cant wait for it to be open again. I need to swim. :((((

Unknown said...

I agree with the previous comment. This is now a problem for me. I had to cancel my WSC membership altogether. The swimming pool was the reason I had joined WSC in South Bethesda.
I am still hoping that another sports club franchise will take over the closed WSC in South Bethesda, so, I will be able to join that one ...