Thursday, July 20, 2006

Yesterday, I attended two events. As my late grandmother would say, "two things in one day?" First, I managed to get out to Rockville for a Republican candidates' luncheon hosted by Dan Willard of the Central Committee. We went over some strategies and plans for the election. There was a good turnout, including County Executive candidate Chuck Floyd and the new, third delegate candidate here in District 16, Angela Markelonis. It was a very productive and informative luncheon.

Then, last evening, I attended a lovely reception for Chuck Floyd at the home of Issa and Nahid Khozeimeh. The Khozeimehs have been friends of my family for many years. This was by far the nicest campaign event I've been to, including the best food. Other candidates attending included Moshe Starkman, who was just nominated to run against Albert Wynn for Congress, Jeff Stein (running for Congress in District 8), and Tom Reinheimer (Central Committee chairman running for County Council - At Large). We each had a chance to speak, and there is a lot of optimism for our party's chances this year. It was a very nice evening, and many thanks to the Khozeimehs for hosting this.

No comments: