Thursday, March 25, 2010

"NO DEVELOPER
INFLUENCE," PART
IV

I just have to say, "I told you so." Remember how Councilmember Marc "No Developer Influence" Elrich was calling for a tax cut for developers(!!)?

Well, I was reading the puff piece on the White Flint "victory" in the Washington Post yesterday...

(Holy smoke, that article sounded like it was written by the developers and county council themselves. One phrase to describe reporter Miranda Spivack's downright gushing praise of the plan, and glossing over of the gaping financing and infrastructure issues? "Over the top," maybe? I have to admit that JBG building they pictured is a design we need more of in the county, instead of those horrid cookie-cutter, two-tone brick "town center" structures - though I'm bewildered as to why we can't have more buildings like that in downtown Bethesda - But I digress...)

...and it appears that there are tax cuts for the developers in the plan! So get this: developers got a tax cut, while you got an 8% property tax increase AND Ike Leggett has a new Energy Tax on the way for you! How do you like them apples?

No comments: