Tuesday, July 06, 2010



Yesterday was the biggest day of campaigning so far this year. Early yesterday morning, I traveled to Leisure World for the annual Leisure World 4th of July Parade. I'm very familiar with Leisure World, but I would never have guessed that one day I would be in a parade going around the circle in front of the clubhouse.




There was a traffic jam past the guardhouse, but eventually I was in the lineup in unit #11. Members of the Leisure World Republican Club were already lined up. I think I was the first Republican candidate there. Then Bob Ehrlich arrived. Eventually, we had several candidates for Congress, including Christine Thron, Mike Phillips and Bruce Stern. For U.S. Senate, Corrogan Vaughn, Jim Rutledge, McAndrew, etc. I saw one delegate candidate from District 19, but I forgot her name; she must have just filed, because I had not heard the name before.




Once the parade was underway, it was scorching out, but it wasn't that bad yet. There was someone announcing each candidate as we passed in front of the clubhouse, where seating had been set up. But I encountered enthusiastic residents all along the way.




After drinking some water, it was off to the annual Montgomery Village "4th of July on the 5th" Parade and Festival. Their parade, unfortunately, does not allow challengers, so I could only attend the festival part. Two of my opponents, incumbents George Leventhal and Nancy Floreen, stopped to say hello while I was at the Republican tent. There was an ambulance and a little first aid trailer from the Washington Grove Volunteer Fire Department. It was a pretty successful stop, as I picked up a number of votes.




I took a couple of pictures for you; one of the Montgomery Village Apple Ridge Recreation area where the festival was, and one of the ambulance. Support your local volunteer fire department!


I hope everyone had a great 4th of July weekend. Don't forget to visit www.RobertDyer.net and, if you just found out about my campaign yesterday, a good place to start is by watching my introductory video message!








Then, please email it to 10 of your friends who live in Montgomery County!

1 comment:

Daniel Vovak said...

Nice post!