Friday, August 12, 2011

BLACKFINN

BETHESDA

NEW MENU

TEST


Exclusive Video!


Another www.RobertDyer.net Exclusive!!!

Last Thursday, I was invited by BlackFinn to come in and try their new menu. It has new appetizers, entrees and desserts, ranging from a crab flatbread pizza to steak frites.

BlackFinn is one of the most popular nightspots in Bethesda. Earlier in the day, it is also a good place to have lunch or to go for Happy Hour.

Since they opened a few years ago, my impression has been that their menu is more upscale than the typical bar fare. But the new menu is an attempt to go further than that, and - as you will see in this exclusive video - it aspires to fine dining standards, in both the recipes and the presentation.

The service was great, and my cocktail and food arrived very soon after they were ordered. I started with a bowl of French Onion soup fresh out of the oven. Watch the steam rising out of it in the video!

For the main course, I chose Shrimp and Grits. This had a gravy with Tasso ham (similar to Boston Butt but Cajun-style with cayenne pepper and garlic). Shrimp and grits is one of my favorite entrees, so the bar was set high. They're usually great when I order them in the South. But I've had some disappointing ones here in the Washington area. The best I've had around here in the past were at the now-closed PGA Grill in Congressional Plaza on Rockville Pike.

How did BlackFinn's shrimp and grits rate? Watch the video and find out!

http://youtu.be/qQksM1K46OA

You'll also see the detail in the presentation of the Peach Cobbler I ordered for dessert. The ice cream was rich, not just an afterthought.

Stop in and try the new menu today. The Bethesda location is the only BlackFinn that has this new menu. If the feedback is positive, it will become the standard menu at all of the BlackFinn locations in America. So we in Bethesda are going to determine the future menu for a whole chain.

I'm looking forward to going back and trying some of the other new menu items soon.


BlackFinn

4901 Fairmont Avenue

Bethesda, MD 20814

(301) 951-5681

No comments: