PopUp Bagels will celebrate its grand opening at 7607 Old Georgetown Road in Bethesda this Friday, August 14, 2026, from 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM. Part of the celebration will be a Bethesda-exclusive schmear inspired by Maryland: Chesapeake Spiced Cream Cheese. Presumably a twist on Old Bay seasoning, the spread will have no shellfish ingredients, for those with food allergy concerns. Lacking the Old Bay imprimatur won't hurt the flavor's chances, as - in my opinion - the seasoning on Utz Crab Chips is even better than Old Bay, so you never know.
Also available Friday will be sweet treats from Cookies by Drew and refreshing beverages from Natalie's Orchid Island Juice Co. and La Colombe Coffee. PopUp Bagels did not mention if their product collaboration with Natalie's, Tangerine Dream Butter, will also be available this Friday.

19 comments:
I should have thought they’d have feted the new shop with a flavor more along the lines of “Bumptious Bethesda.”
I'm gonna have to pop in early to PopUp Bagels for some of that before heading up to Gettysburg for the bluegrass festival.
To all the haters, I'm sure their product is good. They've opened locations in multiple states if not nationwide so they clearly have a good business at least on the surface. But again, you have to buy 3-bagels when you may only need 1 or 2 and your minimum cost for that is $15. That's a pretty tough ask. Someone on here said Lidl next door, which has a great bakery apparently, will sell you a dozen for probably less then the 3 at Pop Up. I'm sorry but that's not gonna work here. Lastly, no convenient parking right off busy Old Georgetown Rd. People will throw their flashers on and walk in and block that travel lane. They already do for Chipotle, etc across the street. It's terrible.
More bread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marylandblend.
5:33 - That's a good point actually. I'm on a healthy Keto right now and all that starch and carb leads to sugar which leads to fat. Empty calories. How do Ny'ers do it? They walk everywhere so they burn it all off. We don't on average. .
Robert, Old Bay does NOT have any ingredients that contain shellfish.
10:07: I never said it did. I merely relayed PopUp Bagels' message that there are no shellfish allergy concerns with this product.
Bingo, JAC. I lived in NY for more than 30 years and walked an average five miles a day, just as a matter of course. Bagels, pizza, doughnuts were nothing at all. Now that I’ve returned to DC area, I commute between the bedroom and den, and get winded when I go to the porch to get the paper and mail.
I agree 100% that UTZ crab chip flavoring is superior to Old Bay.
Here's a quarter.
Typical Bethesda cheap Burgundy.
9:34 - Ny'ers don't whine about parking.
The $15 minimum purchases (3 bagel & a small tub of cream cheese) is a ridiculous sales rule and price. If you go into Lidl next door, you can get a very good bagel for just 79 cents. However, they only reliably have plain and "everything" bagels. Sometimes they make sesame and Asiago bagels for a limited time.
They were also already open and serving bagels Wednesday and Thursday this week.
6:51 - This isn't NY.
@6:51, I was remarking on how lazy and fat I’ve become since leaving NY, because I now work from home and don’t walk anywhere anymore. JAC mentioned parking, not I. Good luck to PopUp —they are apparently doing well elsewhere— but there’s a better chance I’ll sprout wings and fly than spend $15+ for a trio of ersatz bagels w/schmear. But again, no concerns/complaints about their parking situation, at least not from me.
Yes so bad $15 wahh I'm alone I dont need 3 bagels. If you travel to Morgantown West Virginia you can get a dozen bagels for 13 cents. Go to Mars, they pay YOU for bagels!
What the heck is wrong with commenters on this blog. So dumb.
All bread, no protein. Exactly what we need.... smdh.
Post a Comment