Friday, May 02, 2014

UPDATE: BANG AND OLUFSEN STORE FOR LEASE IN BETHESDA (PHOTOS)

Exclusive!
Update on May 4, 2014

Audiophile destination Bang and Olufsen's space at 5001 Wilson Lane is up for lease, by Bethesda real estate firm Streetsense. Although the store will eventually move, and be consolidated with the current Logan Circle location (as I mentioned in my initial report last Friday), Bang and Olufsen currently remains open for business on Wilson Lane, as usual. Furthermore, the store's manager, Torsten Severtson, says that even when the store moves in the future, Bethesda residents will still have the same high level of service, as store representatives "will travel to support our customers wherever they are."

So, despite the leasing situation, you can still be fully confident in doing business at Bang and Olufsen in Bethesda. The independent franchise will continue to provide the same on-site consultations, assistance and support with their products now, and even when the store consolidates with the Logan Circle location at a future date (currently unknown, but likely dependent on Streetsense finding a new tenant). The status of the Bethesda showroom will have no impact whatsoever on customers, who will continue to enjoy the same - or better - service, Severtson said.

So stop in to check out their latest products at 5001 Wilson Lane, they've got a lot of cool stuff for your home audio set-up.





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

No surprise. Bad location. I wonder what will fill that awkward space?

Anonymous said...

maybe a vacum cleaner reair store?

Anonymous said...

Great iconic building design and space, but I assume parking is a problem?

Anonymous said...

Please remove this story. The information in this story is inaccurate and incomplete, to say the least.

Robert Dyer said...

I am always glad to correct any inaccuracies, but I first have to know which points are inaccurate. The space is For Lease by Streetsense. If the corporate office of Bang and Olufsen provided incorrect information, I will be glad to correct it immediately. Which facts are in dispute, and what is the new information I should correct them with? I think I've posted one error in 8 years, and I corrected that immediately. I'm committed to accuracy on this blog, and welcome any factual corrections, and will make those corrections in every case where new and credible facts are provided to me.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Robert. His story appears accurate and well researched to me.

Anonymous said...

Glad you stood by your story, Robert.