Sunday, April 28, 2024

Shuttered Foxtrot still fully-stocked at Bethesda Row (Photos)


Foxtrot Market
abruptly closed all of its stores last week, including the Bethesda Row location at 7262 Woodmont Avenue. But as of last evening, the Bethesda store is still fully stocked with packaged foods and merchandise like t-shirts. This may be in part because the chain laid off its employees with equally-short notice when the closure announcement was made last Tuesday. Will the chain retrieve its equipment, furniture and inventory, or will landlords across America recoup some of the unpaid rent by seizing it and locking Foxtrot out?









9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like some big investor(s) somewhere need some big 'losses.'

Anonymous said...

I wonder what's the MTBF of these Bethesda eateries the spring up like mushrooms after the rain.

Anonymous said...

Start handin' that sh*t out like some of the other locations did ..

Anonymous said...

This was a good “3rd place” to unwind, have some food and drink, do some work, etc. now that most of the Starbucks are becoming hostile to that. What else is left in this regard?

Anonymous said...

I hope it's not because it's what the 'shrooms grow in!!

Anonymous said...

I’ve lived in this area my whole life (58 years), and until this story broke, I had never heard of this place.

Anonymous said...

* Panera still has space for dining and working.
" French Press on St. Elmo

JAC said...

12:33 - My reaction was similar. I didn't even realize I was in the Georgetown location and I think another one somewhere in DC. Looked like a neat spot. Too bad.
5:37 - you must have read Howard Schultz 's book about Starbucks. Great line about the 3rd place.

Anonymous said...

12:33 AM - That's what happened when you are a recluse.
3:50 PM - I haven't heard that rumor.
5:37 PM - Your houme.