Wednesday, October 27, 2010

ROBERT DYER
ON
DISABILITY AND
SPECIAL NEEDS
ISSUES

If I am elected, those with disabilities and special needs will finally have an advocate on the council. Whether it is ensuring snow is removed from county-owned sidewalks, or that we have a full spectrum of programs in our schools for special needs students and their parents, disability issues will be among those at the top of my agenda.

To that end, as I announced back in April, I have pledged that - if elected - I will have one staff member who will be appointed to work on disability issues.

Here is a video with more of my comments on the need to finally have an advocate for the disabled on the Montgomery County Council:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RCXgMQDeBg

This video also has an update on the Americans With Disabilities Act violations at Damascus Elementary School, for those of you who have been following along on here about that since last year. The update is very encouraging.

Have a great day, and don't forget to vote early tonight, or on November 2, for Robert Dyer for the Montgomery County Council At-Large!

No comments: