Sunday, June 18, 2017

Wonder Woman still packing theaters in Bethesda

In its third weekend in theaters, Wonder Woman is still generating big box office receipts in Bethesda. Last night at ArcLight Cinemas at Westfield Montgomery Mall, a screening I attended appeared to be sold out, with every seat filled. Crowds for this movie 15 days later were larger than for opening weekend for other blockbusters, and much more diverse than for the typical superhero movie.

ArcLight is featuring Wonder Woman on the floor-to-ceiling poster wall in the lobby, and they have a few items related to the world's favorite Themysciran in the gift shop. My only disappointment is that there were no special cocktails tied in to this movie (or The Mummy); AMC had a blue Wonder Woman cocktail, so maybe they had an exclusive license?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonder Woman meets the Hunchback of Westbard!

"My only disappointment was that there were no special cocktails tied to this movie"

Have you considered joining AA?

Anonymous said...

"Wonder Woman meets the Hunchback of Westbard!"

Did she bodyslam him through a coffee table?

Anonymous said...

My husband and I keep meaning to go see this. IPic or ArcLight would be better?

Who did you go see it with, did you like it?

Robert Dyer said...

3:55: ArcLight if you want to see it in 3D. iPic has leather seats. I give the movie 5 stars - probably the best superhero movie since Captain America: The First Avenger.

Anonymous said...

We took the kids to iPic. Like that much better than ArcLight since we get to walk around outside too.

Anonymous said...

I like iPic so much more than ArcLight. Not a fan of the mall.

Anonymous said...

I saw this at iPic. Much better than the last movie at saw at that dirty mall theater.

Anonymous said...

I'm an ArcLight fan when I bring the kids since the mall is easier to corral them.

I brought my three little girls. Such a great empowering movie for them to see.

Who did you go see Wonder Woman with, Robert?