Residents of The Middlebrooke apartment tower at 5015 Battery Lane in Bethesda are returning home this evening, following a terrifying carbon monoxide leak earlier today. Management of the building was outside late this afternoon welcoming tenants who had been evacuated by Montgomery County Fire and Rescue personnel late in the morning.
At least 10 residents were transported to local hospitals.
The only positives in this incident are that quick action prevented a much worse scenario, and a timely reminder to check your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
It is now the law to have 10-year detectors, so this is a good time to update on these lifesaving items.