Tuesday, February 17, 2015
HOUSE FIRE ON WINNEBAGO ROAD IN GLEN ECHO (PHOTOS)
According to scanner reports, firefighters checked the interior floors for any spread of fire, and used saws to cut into the exterior. A firefighter on the second floor reported finding no evidence of extension there, and no hot spots in the wall. There was some extension into space between the first floor and the basement, reports indicated, and firefighters had to remove drywall and insulation to check for fire.
Discarded fireplace ashes were left too close to the house, one firefighter reported, and are thought to be the cause of the blaze at this point.
The Bethesda-Chevy Chase Rescue Squad was among the responding departments. MCFRS spokesperson Pete Piringer says there were no injuries.
Photos via Pete Piringer