Thursday, August 27, 2015

Oily rags blamed for spontaneous combustion house fire in Bethesda

Oily rags spontaneously combusted on the second floor of a house being renovated in Bethesda last night. Firefighters responded to the resulting blaze in the 6400 block of Windermere Circle in the Heritage Walk neighborhood near Interstate 270.

Montgomery County Fire and Rescue spokesperson Pete Piringer said there were no injuries, and the fire was brought quickly under control. Damage is estimated at $10,000.

No comments: