Monday, February 20, 2023

Bethesda Metro station elevators near Hyatt Regency out-of-service for "remodeling"


The Bethesda Metro station elevators outside of the Hyatt Regency Bethesda hotel are currently out-of-service. According to a sign posted between them, they are closed for "remodeling." Signs direct bus and subway riders to use the elevator around the corner at Wisconsin Avenue and Montgomery Lane, near the historic Bethesda Post Office building. No date is given for restoration of service for these elevators.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Metro complex is Bethesda's equivalent of northern Virginia highways: perpetually under construction.

Anonymous said...

It is about time they were modernized. Elevator is always breaking down.

Anonymous said...

I think there is another elevator on the other side of the tunnel also.

Learning

Anonymous said...

9:31 AM Correct, that's the only other elevator at the Bethesda station. It's small, very slow, and kind of creepy (not well lit). Metro made a *huge* mistake getting rid of the escalators to exit the station. Doesn't anyone think about the impact of these decisions? I guess I answered my own question :-(

Anonymous said...

I switched to using the county garage 49 next door when I ride the METRO partly because I don’t like those creepy and smelly Elevators !