VIDEO: Rally highlights
"Our schools are overcrowded, undisciplined, low-achieving havens for violent street gangs," said Tom Ferleman, a candidate for the Montgomery County Council's District 2 seat. "The entire nation now knows us for the alleged rape of a child." Ferleman was one of those asking for Smith to resign.
|Superintendent Jack Smith confers|
with Board of Education member
Patricia O'Neill moments before
last night's meeting began
- How to utilize existing security personnel
- How to allocate security resources
- Review all facilities, and look at "places in schools where we could do changes in facilities"
- Increase the number of entry checkpoints
- Review how existing security cameras are used and monitored
- Get student input
- Add a curriculum "component" on "harassment, inappropriate sexual advances, and assault"